Husqvarna Museum opened on April 27, 1993 and is situated in the same building as the 1940´s weapon workshop. On March 14, 2005 it was reopened after after large-scale renovations. The museum was expanded up to 2,400 square meters with a new handicapped-friendly entrance with a foyer and the new exhibition halls.
Ever since the beginning in 1993, The Husqvarna Museum is operated by the Huskvarna Local History Society, in cooperation with Husqvarna AB. The Huskvarna Local History Society is the principal and operates the business with support from Husqvarna AB as providing free space, etc.
The Huskvarna Local History Society’s board has appointed a steering committee for the museum:
Christer Carlberg – chairman
Björn Johansson Elmervik – treasurer, economy
Hans Merkert – member, staff
Arne Månberg – member
Anders Kragner – member
Director of the museum – adjunct, keeper of the minutes
Administration, archives and collections, exhibitions, marketing, guided tours
Front of House Manager
Eva Charlotte Dahnberg
Bookings, administration, guided tours
Archives and collections, exhibitions, guided tours
Exhibition services, bookings
The museum’s opening hours during weekends, guide operations, archival work, and exhibition construction and maintenance is carried out primarily by volunteers, who are crucial to all activities of the museum.